Just 90 minutes from Washington, D.C., BuddyLou’s is nestled along the Potomac River and the C&O Canal in scenic Western Maryland within the town of Hancock. Nearby sites include Fort Frederick, Great Cacapon State Park, and Berkeley Springs, WV.
Arrive by car, bicycle, boat or walking path
Dine, shop, cycle, enjoy!
Our convenient location affords amenities like the Potomac River recreational area and boat ramp, as well as the scenic C&O Canal Towpath. Whether you’re hiking the towpath, biking the Western Maryland Rail Trail, or just seeing the sights, you’ll find BuddyLou’s a pleasant respite where you can relax and enjoy beautiful surroundings.
With over 20 miles of paved trail, the Western Maryland Rail Trail adjacent to BuddyLou’s sees visitors from around the world descend on Hancock each year to enjoy the stunning scenery and history of the area.
Yes, we have electric-car charging!
Also nearby is the C&O Canal Towpath, popular for biking and walking. Start your biking journey from BuddyLou’s using one of our rental bicycles. Choose the style that’s right for you: adult tricycle, tandem bicycle, four-pedal surrey, or two-pedal surrey.
BuddyLou’s Surrey Fleet
Surrey and Cycle Prices
NOTE: Riders are responsible for having and wearing their own helmets.
- Two seater surrey 28.00 hour 14.00 per additional 1/2 hr
- Four seater surrey 35.00 hour 14.00 per additional 1/2 hr
- Tandem 25.00 per hour 10.00 per 1/2 additional 1/2 hr
- Tricycles 25.00 per hour and 10.00 per additional 1/2 hr
- C&O Canal
- Western Maryland Rail Trail
- Hancock Area Attractions
- Hancock Museum and Visitors Center*
- Widmeyer Park
- Historical Society Museum, Town Hall*
- Tonoloway Baptist Church*
- Hancock Tollhouse*
- Woodmont Rod &Gun Club*
- Sideling Hill Cut
- Thomas Episcopal Church*